After looking at "Fascinating Social Media Statistics of 2013" something stood out: Google+ is adding ~25,000 users every day. We’re sure you've heard of recruiting techniques for Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin—but what about Google+?
As with everything Google does, Google+ is in constant flux. After launching on June 28, 2011 it has rapidly become the second-largest social networking site in the world.
Here are some persuasive details for why recruiters should be using Google+:
- There are nearly 540 million active users
- You can create talent pipelines and talent communities
- SEO advantages with search and authorship
- Membership has increased 57% year-over-year
- Simple and intuitive connection of services
- Content distribution practices continue to evolve
- Google provides free search, messaging, and hangouts
- Increasing YouTube integration
Below you’ll find indispensable resources for how to use Google+ for recruiting.
“Recruiting on Google Plus,” by Johnny Campbell at Social Talent:
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages for using Google+ over Facebook is that the quality of content people tend to share relates more to their professional knowledge, interests, and skills.